Mailboxes allow you to send, receive and store e-mail messages. Here
you can learn how to:
Creating a Mailbox
To add a new mailbox, do the following:
- Select Mail Info in the Mail Info menu.
- At the bottom of the page that appears, click Add new mail resource:
- Choose Mailbox from the drop-down list and click Next
- Agree with the charges, if any.
- Enter the name and password for the new mailbox and click Submit:
Note: In version 2.3 and higher, if you want your mailbox to work
as forward and mail autoresponder at the same time, you can give forward,
mailbox and autoresponder the same name within one mail domain. In this
case, your mailbox will forward all incoming email to another address
and send responses to senders.
Important: You get Postmaster mailbox for free and you
can neither delete it nor change its quota. Webmaster is a regular
mailbox and it counts towards your total maiboxes. This means, if you
get 0 free mailboxes, you pay for the Webmaster box, but you don't
pay for Postmaster.
Configuring a Mailbox
To configure a mailbox, click the Edit icon next to the name of
the mailbox. You will see the list of its properties on the right:
- Quota: change the quota for this specific mailbox. Mailbox
quota is not related to the site disk space quota. To change your mail
quota, enter its new size in megabytes. From that moment on you will
be charged for the difference between this new amount and the default
free amount. This charge will be added to the recurrent fee at the beginning
of each billing period.
- Catch All: if it's on, any email messages sent to a nonexistent
account on your domain will go to this address.
Example: your mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org is marked as catch
all. If someone sends an email to email@example.com, which doesn't
exist, this particular message will arrive at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If no account were marked as catch all, this message would bounce
back to the sender with an error notification.
- Password: click the icon to change the
- Autoresponder: set your mailbox to respond to the sender of
incoming mail with a preset message. You need to compose a separate
response message for every mailbox. Note: in version 2.3 and
higher, autoresponder is an independant mail resource. (For details
see Creating Autoresponder)
- WebMail: go to the web e-mail client to send or receive e-mail
- Discard all incoming mail: turn this ON only if you are absolutely
sure you don't need ALL your incoming mail. You can also turn it on
when you are going on vacation. Senders won't receive 'underlivered
- Delete: delete the mailbox. To delete a Catch All mailbox,
first switch Catch All OFF.
- Trouble Ticket: report troubles with the mailbox.